Fleur De Scrap

Monday, January 3, 2011

JOURNALING IDEAS

I came across these old Prayers & Blessings cards while cleaning out some cabinets in my Sunday School class.  The publishing information  is "Grollier Books", and some of it comes from "The Beginners Bible.   Please note that I am sharing this for the purposes of scrapbookers to use on their PERSONAL scrap pages, digital or paper.  Because the prayers are copyrighted, they cannot be used for Scrap-for-Hire...scripture on the other hand is not copyrighted, but God's and ours to share as we wish.

Some of these are so sweet, I thought they might provide ideas for scrap journaling.   There's too much to try to type in one setting, but I'll put them all under the category "Journaling Ideas" as I get them entered.

Family and Friends

Make the roof of my house wide enough for all opinions, oil the door of my house so it opens easily to friend and stranger, and set such a table in my house that my whole family may speak kindly and freely around it.

Special Days

  - Sunday -
O give thanks to the Lord,
for he is good;
his steadfast love endures forever!  (Psams 118:1)

Strength and Courage

God, give me strength to run this race,
God give me power to do the right,
And courage lasting through the fight;
God give me the strength to see your face,
And heart to stand till evil cease,
And, at the last, O God, your peace.

Giving Thanks

O God, we thank you for this earth,
our home; for the wide sky, the
salt sea, the everlasting hills
and never-resting winds, and the
common grass underfoot.

In the Evening

Lord, keep us safe this night,
Secure from all our fears;
May angels guard us while we sleep,
Till morning light appears.

Blessings

The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make his face to shine upon you,
   and be gracious to you;
the Lord lift up his countenance upon you,
   and give you peace.   (Numbers 6:24-26)


Feelings

Be gracious to me, O God.
When I am aafraid, I will trust in you.
In God, whose word I praise,
In God I trust; I will not be afraid.  (Psalm 56:1,3-4)

In the Morning

For this new morning and its light
For rest and shelter of the  night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For every gift your goodness sends,
We thank you, gracious Lord.

At mealtime

For food in a world where many walk in hunger;
For faith in a world where many walk in fear;
For friends in a world where many walk alone,
We give you humble thanks, O Lord.

Our Wonderful World

I love the sun,
I love the rain,
I love the snow, just the same.
I see your face in every flower,
Your loving arms in every tree,
I love the world you made for me.

Lord's Prayer

Our Father who art in heaven,
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into tempation,
but deliver us from evil:
For thine is the kingdom, the power,
and the glory, for ever.  Amen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment